Saturday, August 13, 2016

A 'lil update



Gosh, it’s been a while, hasn’t it? I’ve been up to a lot of exciting stuff lately, and it’s all coming together to shape my future – where I want to live, what I want to do, and how I’m going to do it. To sum up the last several months, I’ve been getting more active in the local community here in Phoenix in a couple of ways:

- I started volunteering at Mesa’s Garden Pool. Check them out by following the link! This was a huge step for me career-wise, as I am not only helping others in the community by volunteering there, but I’m also learning a ton about gardening, urban farming, and sustainability.

- I applied to be a part of the collaboration team for the startup business Delighted By Dessert Hummus. I tried Mackenzie’s amazing hummus about a year ago when she was still in Phoenix selling at farmers’ markets. She was the absolute sweetest person to talk to, and her business and mission to "spread your glitter" reflects that. Now, she’s expanded her business, and her hummus is in stores on the east coast. I’ve gotten the awesome privilege to be a part of their ambassador program –  though they aren’t in AZ yet (no hummus parties til then!), I have the opportunity to learn from successful like-minded entrepreneurs who incorporate care for people and the planet into their business models.

- It’s swim season for Special Olympics again – probably one of my favorite parts of the year. The energy and enthusiasm these athletes have is absolutely amazing. Their openness and eagerness to express love, gratitude, and genuine excitement is contagious and so inspiring to me to be open to others. I always have a blast coaching them, and I can’t wait to see the fun that this season brings.

For more frequent updates and pretty pictures, be sure to follow the Keeping It Real instagram: @keepingitrealblog

No comments:

Post a Comment