Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Pi Day/National RD Day!


⚫⚪Happy Pi Day!⚪⚫

In honor of the world's most delicious number (and National Registered Dietitian Day), I whipped up this beautiful, incredible, absolutely delectable plant-based French silk pie this morning 😍 it turned out so much better than I thought it would!

This pie uses a nut butter and oat-flour based crust to create a nutritious, gluten-free, high-fiber Graham cracker-like base for the creamy, dairy and egg-free chocolate pudding filling.

I'm beginning to realize I need more nut-allergy friendly recipes in my collection. After all, my mission is to enable all people to eat DELICIOUS, healthy meals, and a lot of the really tasty egg/gluten/dairy free recipes use nuts! If anyone has fun recommendations for ingredients, let me know!

🍪Oat Crust🍪
1/4 cup oats, blended into flour
1 tbsp almond butter (or whatever you've got!)
1 tsp cold water
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Sprinkle of salt

Blend the oats into a powder, or use store bought oat flour. Add to a bowl with the cinnamon and salt. Add the almond butter and mix with a fork until crumbly add water to make it stick together. Form into a round and bake at 400°F for 10 minutes.

🍫Chococado Filling🥑
1/2 avocado
1 perfectly ripe banana
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tbsp alt milk of your choice

Add all to a blender or food processor. Pulse, and add additional milk to thin out as needed to get things moving. It should have the consistency of pudding. The chia seeds help give it that thick, jiggly structure.

✨🎉Top-tions🎉✨
🥥Cocochia pudding
🍫Cacao nibs or chopped dark chocolate
🍓Berries


As I was making this, I realized there are so many variations I could make with this. Lemon/lilikoi curd, apple, haupia... Get creative with what you like! But everyone loves chocolate, right? 😉😊

No comments:

Post a Comment